I was the kid on Beggars’ Night that would dive for a Mounds candy bar, especially the Almond Joys. Ahhhh, good times! I LOVE coconut and maybe I love sweetened condensed milk even more. Mixing the two together is just heavenly. So, this Easter I made these little beauties for dessert…and they are so easy. Simple ingredients and amazing results.The only ingredients you need are shredded coconut, melted butter, an egg, sweetened condensed milk, salt and vanilla. Oh, before you make these, you MUST have parchment paper to line your baking sheet!Use a 2 tablespoon ice cream scoop to make the perfect macaroon.My son is definitely my sharpest critic. He’s always ready to suggest an improvement and often he’s spot on. When he came over for dinner, I handed him a macaroon and watched his face light up like Phil Rosenthal’s in the Netflix series “I’ll Have What Phil’s Having,” which is a really lovely show, by the way. After a moment, he looked at me and said, “Mom, that could be the greatest dessert I’ve ever eaten!”So when you try this recipe, let me know how much you enjoyed it. I’m pretty sure it will light up your face too!
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 Dozen
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 14 ounces shredded coconut (5⅓ cups)
- 8 tablespoons melted butter (1 stick)
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon flake sea salt, such as Maldon
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375℉
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients together until well incorporated.
- Scoop mixture with a 2 Tablespoon ice cream scooper and place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake on the middle rack for 12 minutes and then begin checking on the macaroons. They are ready to be removed from the oven when the tops and bottom edges are starting to brown. For my oven, it takes 16 minutes.
- After removing from the oven, cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.