Best Banana Bread
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 Loaf
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1½ cups flour
- 1¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed. (Dark brown is best)
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 4 bananas, very ripe, very mashed
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Generously spray a nonstick loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Use an electric mixer to combine brown sugar, sour cream, and butter in a large bowl until light, about 3-4 minutes.
- Beat in eggs separately to brown sugar mixture, until combined.
- Beat in flour mixture slowly and beat at low speed until combined.
- Add mashed bananas until combined. Stop mixing and fold in walnuts.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for approximately 60 minutes, or, more importantly, toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool at least an hour, if you can stand it! Slice and serve. Wonderful for dessert, brunch or just because. Enjoy!