The Best Egg Salad
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- For the Mayonnaise:
- 1 Large Egg Yolk
- 1 Generous Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Horseradish
- ¼ Cup Canola Oil
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 4 Teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- For the Egg Salad:
- 8 Large Eggs
- Prepared Mayonnaise
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt, Adjust for Taste
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper, Adjust for Taste
- 1 Green Onion Thinly Sliced
- ¼ Cup Fresh Dill, Rough Chop
- ¼ Cup Basil Leaves, Torn
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 Slices Favorite Deli Bread Lightly Toasted
- For the mayonnaise: Place egg yolk, dijon mustard and horse radish in a food processor or bowl if whisking. Pulse until smooth. Drizzle in oils and pulse until thickened. Add in apple cider vinegar, a pinch of salt and pepper and pulse until combined. Easy.
- For the eggs: Bring a 4 quart pan of water to a boil. Meanwhile, fill a large bowl with ice and water. When water is boiling, reduce heat to medium and look for a simmer. Place eggs carefully into simmering water and simmer covered for 9 minutes. Remove from burner, drain and place eggs into ice water. Peel eggs after 10 minutes.
- Break eggs into large pieces. This is done by squeezing the middle of the egg and tearing into bite-size pieces. The yolks should be buttery, but not hard and dry.
- Gently fold prepared mayonnaise into the eggs. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- For the herb salad: Place dill, basil and scallions in a small bowl. Add lemon juice and 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil. Add a generous pinch of salt. Toss to combine.
- Assemble egg salad on lightly toasted bread (or crackers, or lettuce cups...), and top with herb salad. Sprinkle with chopped chives if desired. Now I'm hungry!