I love a salad that looks too good to eat. This recipe is that, because it actually looks too good-but go ahead and eat! It is so simple, all good food is, and you could make this for a party, your family or just because and it’s so easy to make!As I’m writing this, Randy (hubby) came outside and asked to see the pictures. Guess what? On the eve of Fathers’ Day, he requested this salad…and peach cobbler….and ice-cream (I will try to make some homemade). Stay tuned-I already bought the peaches and they’re hidden in the microwave; otherwise I would’t have enough for cobbler in the morning. One step ahead.
Smoked Salmon Mediterranean Salad
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 8-12 baby red potatoes
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, tops trimmed
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and cut in half top to bottom
- 8 cups mixed baby greens
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
- Juice of ½ lemon or more to taste
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar reduction
- salt and pepper to taste
- Depending on how you would like to serve your salad, you might boil the eggs, potatoes, and green beans the night before dinner and refrigerate. I like to serve these ingredients warm.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the baby greens, green beans, and potatoes and dill. Add olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and lightly toss.
- On a large platter, serve the dressed salad, greens on the bottom. Place the potatoes, green beans, and kalamata olives on top, followed by the hard boiled eggs, and smoked salmon.
- Drizzle balsamic reduction on salad. Sprinkle a little extra chopped dill. Snap a picture (you'll want to) serve it up and enjoy!