It’s June 13th and this weekend is Fathers’ Day! I don’t know about all of you, but my husband, the father of my two cuties, loves ice cream. He LOVES ice cream! So, instead of the buying store-bought chocolate fudge sauce, I decided to make some. Oh, yeah!It always comes down to simple, quality ingredients. It’s for the main man after all. Go ahead and buy great heavy cream, chocolate, cocoa and butter. Yum! This recipe will last you a while, so indulge.He’s worth it. (I can still say that after almost 30 years…).
Chocolate Sauce for Sundaes
- Prep Time
- 1½ cups
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces of semisweet chocolate
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Add all ingredients, except vanilla, to a medium-sized sauce pan and turn on stove top to medium heat. Stir constantly, until chocolate has melted and mixture is well incorporated.
- Take mixture off heat source, cool for a minute and then stir in the vanilla.
- Chocolate sauce can be served right away and stored in a safe container for approximately two weeks.