Cantaloupe Mozzarella and Prosciutto Salad
- Prep Time
- Approximately 4 cups
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- A cantaloupe, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1-8-ounce fresh mozzarella, pearl size or hand torn small segments
- Package of thinly sliced prosciutto, typically 8-10 slices
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 1 generous tablespoon of white balsamic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Handful of mint leaves, thinly sliced
- Handful of basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Using a melon baller, scoop out small and medium shaped melon flesh. Try to keep melon as ball-shaped as possible.
- Take individual slices of the prosciutto and roll them short end to short end into flower shaped rosettes.
- Separate the pearl mozzarella balls, or if using a whole mozzarella, tear into small, bite-size chunks.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together honey, olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Place the melon balls, and mozzarella in a bowl. Drizzle half of the dressing over these ingredients.
- Arrange the melon balls, mozzarella on a platter. Place prosciutto rosettes into place and then drizzle remaining dressing overall.
- Sprinkle mint and basil over entire salad and refrigerate or serve immediately.