This dish always surprises me. It has only a few ingredients and turns out so pretty and delicious. It’s one of my family’s favorite morning treats. So how could eggs, flour, and a little sugar be so great? I don’t know, it just is.You see the ingredients and really you just whip them up. The pan I choose to bake up this dish is an 8 inch cast iron pan. Any 8 inch oven-proof pan will do, but cast iron is my favorite, and I use it for many dishes. If you do this and want advice on how to season your skillet (major deal), just email me and you’ll have a pan for life!Preheat your oven to 400℉. Meanwhile, consider the topping for your dutch baby. I think the sky is the limit-lemon curd, apricot preserves, fresh fruit, maple syrup…or my blueberry compote! I always think that simple is best when it comes to cooking. I’ll include the recipe below.I mean this is pretty beautiful, right? Now…it’s just out of the oven, and like a soufflé, there will be a little air let out of the tire. No matter, it’s still gold! Get your powdered sugar ready for the final touch.
Bulldog Dutch Baby with Blueberry Compote
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- For the Blueberry Compote:
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- For the Dutch Baby:
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Generous pinch or two of salt
- Generous pinch of ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons of butter (½ stick)
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Place blueberries, sugar and salt in a small sauce pan. Heat on medium low heat until berries release their juices and sauce thickens slightly.
- Take berries off the heat and add lemon juice and vanilla.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the eggs, flour, milk, sugar, salt and nutmeg.
- Add the butter to the pan and place in the oven to melt. Once, melted, add the batter and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and cool for no more than five minutes.
- Slice and serve with blueberry compote or other condiment and sift powdered sugar on top.