Basil and Pancetta Sautéed Scallops
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 16 sea scallops
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 8 ounces frozen peas
- 1 shallot, peeled, sliced lengthwise and then thinly sliced
- 4 ounces pancetta, small dice
- 1-tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 cup whole basil leaves
- 1/2 lemon, juice squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Place frozen peas in boiling water, boil for 4 minutes or until you see a bright green color. Drain, but preserve boiling liquid.
- Put a tablespoon of olive oil into a very hot sauté pan. Sauté pancetta and thinly sliced shallots for approximately 5-8 minutes. The goal is to have shallots translucent and pancetta crispy.
- Remove pancetta and shallots from pan, preserving oils. Drain both on paper towels.
- Reserving a quarter of the peas, place the rest in a food processor, lemon juice, 1/4 cup of boiling pea liquid and pulse.
- Add basil leaves and pulse until fine. This will be your pea puree.
- Mix together pancetta, shallots and remaining peas in a separate bowl.
- Smear the pea puree, place the scallops on top and the garnish with pancetta and pea mixture. So Pretty and delicious!