Barbecue Pineapple Chicken Pizza
- Prep Time
- 12 Inch Pizza
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 pineapple peeled, cored, and cut into ½ inch chunks
- 2 medium chicken breasts (see directions)
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- ½ pound bacon, oven-fried and diced
- ½ red onion, sliced vertically in thin slices
- 1 grated clove garlic
- 2 cups part skim shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1 12 inch pizza shell such as Boboli
- For the Chicken:
- Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in a preheated 375℉ oven. Cook until just done or approximately 20 minutes, and an internal temperature of 165℉. When I know I will be using chicken breast for dinner the next day, I will often bake it the night before because it is quick and easy to do.
- Cube the chicken into bite size pieces and toss with ¼ cup of barbecue sauce.
- For the Pizza (Preheat oven and pizza stone to 450℉):
- Place the pizza on a preheated pizza stone and brush all but 3 tablespoons of barbecue sauce. Sprinkle on garlic. Top with chicken, pineapple, bacon, red onion and mozzarella.
- Place pizza stone onto the middle rack of a 450℉ preheated oven and bake for approximately 10-12 minutes. Remove when cheese is melted and bubbly. Drizzle with remaining barbecue sauce. Top with cilantro, slice and serve. Enjoy!