Asian-Inspired Sticky Wings
- Prep Time
- 2-3 Pounds of Wing Drummettes
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2-3 pounds of chicken wing drummettes
- For the Sauce:
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro and/or green onions
- Remove chicken, rinse and pat dry.
- Mix in a large bowl, soy sauce, balsamic, brown sugar, honey, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, onion powder and sriracha. Do not add cornstarch yet.
- Place drummettes in slow cooker and pour over the sauce mixture. Stir to combine. Place cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours and low for 3-4 hours.
- Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl and stir into slow cooker. Stir until combined. Cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Remove wings and place them on a baking sheet skin side up. Place wings under preheated oven broiler until skin appears crispy. Every oven is different, so keep a close eye for doneness.
- Remove remaining sauce from slow cooker and place in serving bowl. Place wings around it and sprinkle sesame seeds and cilantro over the wings. Enjoy!